Just One Black Man's Tweets

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Who am I?

In retrospect this probably should have been my first post. Oh well.......
________________________________________________________

I’m a “Forty Something” Black male, born and raised in the South. Politically, I consider myself a moderate-to-conservative Democrat. In my younger days, I was much more left of center than I am now. During my journey to my present place in the political spectrum, I became an Independent for a while but didn’t like it very much. I’m also a student of geopolitics and how events around the world affect our lives here in the US.

I came up with the name of my blog from a black commentator (who's name escapes me) that my parents used to listen to. He would end each commentary with the statement; "This is just one black mans opinion". For some reason that has always stayed with me through the years.

I am a battle hardened veteran of the old USENET newsgroup wars, where I regularly debated with people on the right as well as the left. At the moment, I prefer to not discuss my profession especially since I’m now putting my personal opinions on display in a very public forum. I’m just your average Brother; I’m a husband, father and all around nice guy that likes to dabble with computers, frequent Flea Markets and thrift stores looking for that one gem that everybody else has over looked. When I’m not traveling, I also sell stuff on eBay and Amazon, mainly for a little extra weekend beer money. I currently reside in Tampa, Florida and have no plans to live anywhere where the temperature drops below 40 degrees ever again.

No comments: