Just One Black Man's Tweets

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Overthrow

I just wanted to share a book that I'm in the process of reading. My dad gave me a copy the last time I visited with him in North Carolina.

I haven't finished reading the book yet, but recent events compel me to at least mention it here. It takes me a while to finish a book because it's hard to find time to sit still long enough to actually read, much less post to this blog. I hope to finish this during my next trip abroad.

The Book overthrow discusses the history of American Regime Change from the very first documented occurrence in Hawaii to Iraq. Most people think regime change is a new tool in Americas foreign policy tool box. But quite the contrary. The US has been practicing regime change for the better part of a hundred years. What I found to be most compelling is the role the media played in making the case for foreign intervention. But don't take my word for it, get copy for yourself and enjoy.

No comments: